TMS Health Solutions for Clinical Depression

Major Depressive Disorder (MDD), more commonly known as Clinical Depression, is a silent plague running rampant worldwide. It is estimated more than 350 million people are affected by this mental illness. Many get the care they need, going to a therapist, psychiatrist, or primary care provider, and obtaining a prescription for one medication or another. For many, this action does not work, so yet another medication is prescribed to be used alone or in conjunction with the first medication. This traditional method of treatment works for about 70% of patients. The other 30% fall into a category that is considered to have Treatment-Resistant Depression (TRD).

TMS Health Solutions is an outpatient mental healthcare provider whose primary focus is the treatment of those with TRD. TMS Health Solutions is a group practice that has a different outlook on outpatient mental healthcare. Founded in 2007 by Dr Richard Bermudes, his idea was to have an outpatient mental healthcare facility centered on the patient while focusing on new and innovative treatment methods. TMS therapy Union Square, SF believes in lifelong learning and thinking outside the box. They constantly research new therapies and look for different ways to educate the public about mental health issues. TMS Health Solutions partner with patient advocacy groups to help raise mental health awareness and host regular mental health seminars for the public’s education.

TMS therapy Union Square, SF provides traditional treatment for mood disorders, but focuses on Treatment-Resistant Depression using TMS or TransCranial Magnetic Stimulation. This method is the newest, FDA approved, non-invasive tool used against TRD. The clinic works hand-in-hand with the patients’ primary care provider, psychiatrist, or therapist to get the best treatment available. It is TMS Health Solutions’ belief that mental health treatment should be available to everyone. There is a team in place to work with patients’ insurance or, for those patients whose insurance does not cover treatment or those who are uninsured, the TMS Health Solution team will help find financial options for treatment.

Headquartered in Union Square, San Franscisco, TMS Health Solutions now has several locations throughout Northern California: TMS therapy Union Square, SF, Burlingame, Sacramento, Oakland, UCSF, and Roseville with plans for more clinics to be opened in other portions of the state.

References:
1)www.tmshealthsolutions.com
2)https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/new-insights-into-treatment-resistant-
depression-20101209891

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *